What Is Anise Essential Oil
Anise Essential Oil is obtained by steam distillation from seeds of a plant botanically known as Pimpinella anisum. Anise is an annual herb that grows less than 3 feet high, whose seeds smell and taste like mouthwatering licorice candy.
🔻Start Making Your Own Essential Oils- Check The Offer Bellow🔻
Anise Essential Oil Uses
Anise is known to many as the sweet, licorice-scented seed that is often an ingredient in European cookies, licorice candy, anisette liqueur, and foods from around the world. Anise seed is often found in foods because of its toning effects on the digestion. Removing intestinal gas is one such benefit that explains the Anise herb’s wide culinary use. It also has estrogenic effects, which help lactating mothers increase milk production. Another wonderful feature of Anise is its ability to stop spasms. This, in combination with its mucus-expelling effects, makes the inhalation of Anise Essential Oil helpful for those suffering from asthma. Anise can be applied topically to ease digestive discomfort and to increase lactation. In this case, it needs to be tested for skin compatibility and highly diluted. Therapeutic uses of Anise Essential Oil include treatments of coughs, bronchitis, catarrh, flatulence, intestinal spasm, and indigestion. It is also a great remedy for digestive linked migraines and headaches, as well as for nervous digestive tract conditions, due to its calming effect.
Anise Essential Oil Benefits
Therapeutic properties of Anise Essential Oil are known as antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, diuretic, expectorant, galactagogue, stimulant, and stomachic.
About Anise Essential Oil
Anise Essential Oil is a colorless to pale yellow liquid with a warm, spicy-sweet aroma. It blends well with angelica seed, bay laurel, black pepper, cardamom, clove bud, ginger, grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, and tangerine.
Essential Oil Safety Guide For Anise Essential Oil
Anise Essential Oil may cause irritation on highly sensitive skins. Best avoided during pregnancy. Despite GRAS status, essential oils shouldn’t be ingested, unless it’s done under a doctor supervision. Use it topically in a diluted form. Dilute up to 5 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil ( 1% ).
🔻Check This Out🔻
12 Health Benefits Of Anise Essential Oil
- improves digestion
- alleviates flatulence and indigestion
- soothes intestinal spasms
- prevents the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract
- calms nervous digestive tract conditions
- treats respiratory problems
- alleviates asthma and bronchitis
- expels catarrh and mucus
- soothes cough
- calms digestive- linked migraines and headaches
- promotes lactation
- relieves spasms
- Ann, V., 2016. The Complete Book Of Essential Oils And Aromatherapy, Revised And Expanded: Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, And Fragrant Recipes To Create Health, Beauty, And Safe Home And Work Environments. New World Library.
- Lawless, J., 2013. The Encyclopedia Of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide To The Use Of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, And Well Being. Conari Press.
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AMRITA-Aromatherapy-Essential-Pimpinella-Therapeutic/dp/B0058AB9ZM/ref=sr_1_26?crid=1UIPR7Y4YAOCA&keywords=anise%2Bessential%2Boil&qid=1550751252&s=gateway&sprefix=anise%2Bessential%2Boil%2Caps%2C228&sr=8-26&th=1
Disclaimer: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This website is not intended for diagnosis, treatment, treatment or prevention of disease and is not intended for substitution treatment. This information is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers because of something you have read on whatcure.com. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns.