What Is Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot Essential Oil is derived by cold- pressing peels of a bergamot orange ( Citrus bergamia ) fruit.
🔻Start Making Your Own Essential Oils- Check The Offer Bellow🔻
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses
It is calming, uplifting and a purifying skin elixir, which has been historically used as an important ingredient in Eau de Cologne. It has been also used as a food flavoring agent, due to its generally recognized safety for human consumption. Earl Grey tea, a type of black tea is perhaps the most recognizable product in which Bergamot Essential Oil plays an essential part as a flavoring agent. Bergamot is wonderful to ease your senses, relieve stress, help in digestion, and a blessing to those yearning for smooth and clean skin. Therapeutic uses of Bergamot Essential Oil include treatments of problematic skin, such as acne, boils, cold sores, herpes sores, eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulcers, oily complexion, and wounds. Uses shown its remarkable ability to alleviate respiratory problems, such as halitosis, mouth infections, sore throat, and tonsilitis. Bergamot Essential Oil can be also used for digestive problems as it relieves flatulence and can be a great aid for those suffering from the loss of appetite because it stimulates the appetite. Practice showed protective effects of Bergamot Essential Oil on the genito-urinary system as it has been used for treatments of cystitis, leucorrhoea, pruritis, and thrush with great success. Other uses include treatments of cold, fever, flu, and infectious diseases. Amazing benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil for the nervous system have shown relieving effects on anxiety, depression, insomnia, and stress-related conditions, such as emotional crisis, fear, and tension, due to its refreshing, uplifting, and strengthening effects. The amazing aroma of Bergamot Essential Oil instantly enhances mood and is one of the must-have oils for the magical transformation of negative emotions into happiness and joy.
Bergamot Essential Oil Benefits
Therapeutic properties of Bergamot Essential Oil are known as antibacterial, antidepressant, anthelmintic, analgesic, antiseptic ( pulmonary, genito-urinary ), antispasmodic, antitoxic, calmative, carminative, digestive, diuretic, deodorant, febrifuge, laxative, parasiticide, rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, tonic, vermifuge, and vulnerary.
About Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot Essential Oil is a light greenish-yellow liquid with a fruity, fresh citrus aroma, with slightly spicy- balsamic undertone. It blends well with West Indian Bay, black pepper, clary sage, cypress, frankincense, ginger, jasmine, lavender, mandarin, neroli, nutmeg, rosemary, sandalwood, tea tree, thyme linalool, and ylang-ylang.
Bergamot Essential Oil Precautions
Certain compounds in Bergamot Essential Oil has been found to be phototoxic on human skin and can cause sensitization when exposed to direct sunlight. Due to its phototoxic effect, “IFRA recommends that leave-on skin products be limited to 0.4% bergamot oil” in order to avoid skin irritations. There is also a rectified or ‘bergapten-free’ oil that can be used as a substitute which is otherwise non-toxic and relatively non-irritant. Despite GRAS status, essential oils shouldn’t be ingested, unless it’s done under doctor supervision. Use it topically in a diluted form. Dilute max 2 drops of oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil.
🔻Check This Out🔻
18 Health Benefits Of Bergamot Essential Oil
- treats problematic skin
- heals acne, boils, cold sores, and wounds
- eliminates herpes
- alleviates eczema and psoriasis
- treats varicose ulcers
- reduces oily skin
- helps you breath smoother
- eliminates bad breath or halitosis
- cures mouth infections, sore throat, and tonsilitis
- improves digestion
- relieves flatulence
- stimulates appetite
- protects the genito-urinary system
- treats cystitis, leucorrhoea, pruritis, and thrush
- cures cold, fever, flu, and infectious diseases
- enhances mood
- alleviates stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia
- overcomes emotional crisis, fear, and tensions
- Lawless, J., 2013. The Encyclopedia Of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide To The Use Of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, And Well Being. Conari Press.
- Ann, V., 2016. The Complete Book Of Essential Oils And Aromatherapy, Revised And Expanded: Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, And Fragrant Recipes To Create Health, Beauty, And Safe Home And Work Environments. New World Library.
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) Essential Oil Inhalation Improves Positive Feelings in the Waiting Room of a Mental Health Treatment Center: A Pilot Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5434918/
- Citrus bergamia essential oil: from basic research to clinical application: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4345801/
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergamot_essential_oil
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bergamot-Essential-Oil-Therapeutic-Diffuser/dp/B076C8N3T1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3480DA77O9ZP4&keywords=bergamot+essential+oil+100%25+pure&qid=1551089578&s=gateway&sprefix=bergamot+essential+oil+100%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
Disclaimer: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This website is not intended for diagnosis, treatment, treatment or prevention of disease and is not intended for substitution treatment. This information is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers because of something you have read on whatcure.com. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns.