What Is Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is obtained by steam distillation of twigs and leaves from the eucalyptus tree. The majority of Eucalyptus Essential oils are obtained by Eucalyptus globulus tree. It can be also extracted from Eucalyptus kochii, Eucalyptus polybractea, Eucalyptus citriodora ( Eucalyptus Lemon ), Eucalyptus dives ( Eucalyptus peppermint ), and Eucalyptus radiata.
?Start Making Your Own Essential Oils- Check The Offer Bellow?
?Don’t Know How To Make Essential Oils? Click Here And Find Out?
Types Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
There are more than 700 types of Eucalyptus, of which more than 500 produce essential oil with different constituents. Depending on the chemical composition, they can be divided into three categories:
- Medicinal oils with higher amounts of cineol.Eucalyptus polybractea and Eucalyptus kochii have the highest cineol content, followed by Eucalyptus globulus, Eucalyptus radiata var. australiana and Eucalyptus smithii.
- Industrial oils with higher amounts of chemical compounds known as piperitone and phellandrene. Those oils are obtained from Eucalyptus piperita, Eucalyptus radiata var. phellandra, and Eucalyptus dives var. Type.
- Perfumery oils with higher amounts of a chemical compound known as citronellal. Highly valued because of their lemon tones, such oil can be obtained from lemon eucalyptus, botanically knows as Eucalyptus citriodora.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Uses
Although all types of Eucalyptus essential oil possess similar health benefits, the most appropriate for aromatherapy are Eucalyptus globulus ( Blue Gum ), Eucalyptus polybractea, Eucalyptus kochii, Eucalyptus radiata var. australiana and Eucalyptus smithii. In traditional medicine, it is a remedy for treating respiratory problems, such as asthma and bronchitis, catarrh and sinusitis. It is effective for treating colds and flu, and feverish conditions, such as malaria and cholera. Due to its properties, it is used with great success for treating skin problems such as burns, wounds, and ulcers. Eucalyptus essential oil is a miracle solution for muscular aches and pains, arthritis, rheumatism, and infectious disease. It alleviates urinary infection and parasitic infection, as well as boosting the immunity system. It is also fantastic for hair care, dental care and mood-enhancing.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Benefits
Therapeutic properties of Eucalyptus globulus are known as an analgesic, antineuralgic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, balsamic, cicatrizant, decongestant, deodorant, depurative, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, hypoglycaemic, parasiticide, prophylactic, rubefacient, stimulant, vermifuge, and vulnerary.
About Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is a colorless liquid that turns yellow with aging. It has a harsh, fresh, green, camphorous aroma with a woody- sweet undertone. It blends well with basil, black pepper, cedarwood, chamomile, cypress, frankincense, geranium, ginger, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, manuka, peppermint, rosemary, tangerine, and thyme.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Precautions
Eucalyptus essential oil is generally considered as non- toxic, non- irritant and non-sensitizing when used externally in diluted form. When is taken by mouth internally, it can be fatal. Doses of 3.5 ml have been reported as fatal.
?Check This Out?
33 Health Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- treats respiratory infections
- alleviates symptoms of asthma and bronchitis
- treats catarrh, coughs, sinusitis, & throat infections
- improves circulation
- alleviates muscular and joints pains
- improves symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism
- protects the genito-urinary system
- treats cystitis and leucorrhoea
- skin elixir
- treats burns, blisters, cuts, herpes, and wounds
- alleviates symptoms of psoriasis
- insect repellent
- removes lice
- treats skin infections
- alleviates acne
- boosts immune system
- cures colds, flu, and fever
- Balsam for the nervous system
- treats headaches
- alleviates pain in neuralgia
- heals allergies
- treats fungal infections
- heals urinary infections
- cures parasitic infections
- improves brain function
- mood enhancer
- alleviates stress, anxiety, and depression
- treats exhaustion
- improves hair health
- scalp tonic
- improves dental health
- fights against cavities, dental plaque, and gingivitis
- eliminates bad breath
♦️Learn More About Essential Oils- Click Here♦️
- Ann, V., 2016. The Complete Book Of Essential Oils And Aromatherapy, Revised And Expanded: Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, And Fragrant Recipes To Create Health, Beauty, And Safe Home And Work Environments. New World Library.
- Lawless, J., 2013. The Encyclopedia Of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide To The Use Of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, And Well Being. Conari Press.
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_oil
Disclaimer: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This website is not intended for diagnosis, treatment, treatment or prevention of disease and is not intended for substitution treatment. This information is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers because of something you have read on whatcure.com. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns.